Every species is precious because it has a particular role in the ecosystem. That is why ODDB work for the conservation of biological diversity.
ODDB’s action in this field concern:
- Fauna and flora census;
- Biomonitoring of wildlife and its habitat;
- The design and implementation of sustainable biodiversity conservation projects in collaboration with local populations.
The objectives of the project are:
- To study the white-thighed colobus community (population size, ecology, behavior ethnozoology and threats);
- Conduct conservation education towards school children, adults and local authorities;
- Promote and train ecotourism stakeholders;
- To write with the stakeholders an action plan for the sustainable conservation of biodiversity in the Kikélé sacred forest.